Wednesday, August 29, 2018

dwr pieces

I've been pinning and pinning and sewing for double wedding ring quilt along with Jo of Jo's Country junction.  Did I say pinning?



Last week's assignment was to join two melons together with a small seam between the squares. I only have 20 to 30 ready for that stage. I took the time to join more small pieces together and add to melons as time permitted.


It doesn't look like much yet, but, it will be a real quilt someday.


I am ready for today's instructions and joining one ring to the center. This part seems a little intimidating, but I'm ready.
I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy coming to your blog daily. I think I found your blog from
    a linky from Jo's Country Junction. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made so much progress! Good luck with the next step, you'll have it down in no time. That's one of the advantages of making a lot of blocks, you get lots of practice time with the new skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This DWR will be magnificent! I'm right there with you with the slow-pinning-piecing this week, matching up a gazillion seams in my pineapple log cabin blocks as I join them into rows. The pinning sure does slow you down but when I press a seam open and every seam matches perfectly, it feels like VICTORY!! :-)

    ReplyDelete