Wednesday, August 15, 2018

more double wedding ring

I've lost a week to a bad tooth. I bit a chip, and it broke vertically. It couldn't be saved, and it was very painful. I had  a week long wait to get it extracted. Either I wanted to whack my head with a hammer, or I took medication and slept. The extraction was scary but so far it hasn't been too painful. I am still trying to get my sea legs, and get back to it.

I am participating in Jo's quilt along for the double wedding ring quilt. I have 45 of these ready for the next step.  I am so grateful for this quilt along to motivate me for doing this quilt. I would have procrastinated for many more years if not for this quilt along. It won't get finished quickly, but Jo said today - "this is a marathon not 100 yard dash quilt. "


and all the squares cut for the next step


And, I had lots of sitting time after my tooth to finish all the cutting. I just haven't felt good enough to spend time at the machine. I counted and figured, and I had already cut for at least a twin, and I was very close to a queen so I pushed to get the rest cut. So, that decision has been made.


My friend Linda is making a twin size, and has all her melons with at least one side attached, and is working on the second side.


Aren't they wonderful together?

After my daughter was here for a visit, she caught the fever, and started cutting for her double wedding ring. And she has cut all of hers. She is making scrappy and bigger size.


I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be beautiful. I love scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merveilleux travail,c'est formidable,j'aime beaucoup ,mais je n'en ai jamais réalisé!
    Bravo a vous,il faut beaucoup de patience pour tous ces découpages et coutures.
    Amicalement de France

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making such good progress - looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the bad tooth, that's very painful. Hopefully you are 100% recovered and can make lots of progress on your Wedding Ring blocks, they are looking good.

    ReplyDelete