Sunday, August 19, 2018

stash report August 19, 2018

I found this bundle at goodwill for 3.00. I bought it for the wool piece. I planned to release the others into the wild ( send it back).


I tried the burn test on the wool and it had acrylic in it so I didn't need it. I was able to return it.


I found 4 yards of this flannel for 3.00 as well, and I knew it would make a great back. I even matched it to a quilt waiting to be quilted.
Otherwise, I would feel bad just adding fabric to my stash, after my daughter helped me get rid of so much fabric. So maybe that is the new rule.  I have to have a purpose for it.



stash report

Fabric Used this Week 309 1/2 yards
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 751 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 4 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 154 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 597 1/4 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week except Monday - tooth day

My daughter helped move out 306 yards of fabric. We didn't count each piece, but, we weighed it, and it was a total of 100 pounds. There are usually 3 yards in every pound =300 yards. I know I won't even miss it.


Today I will work on my rug hooking project to slow things down a bit and collect my thoughts on my quilting for next week.


I am linking to:


sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces


7 comments:

  1. I probably wouldn't miss some of my fabric stash either but I would notice if I moved out that much! you must have a large stash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand stitching is the perfect way to slow down the thoughts and refocus!
    Good for you losing 100 pounds this week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did move out a lot of fabric! Buying only if you have a project in mind sounds like a really good idea. Hope you get in lots of rug hooking time today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to think 300 yards would wipe out my stash, but probably not. It would empty a dresser though. I'm sure it felt good to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know there was a burn test for wool...I'm going to have to look into that. Of course, I haven't gotten (though I really want to start) to the stage where I thrift for wool. I wish I'd thrifted my closet in when I had wool garments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a whole lot of fabric. I rarely buy any fabric unless there is a purpose as I don't have the storage room. Enjoy your rug hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Wow, that is a ton of fabric to get rid of. If you won't miss it then it is good to have it gone.

    ReplyDelete