Wednesday, August 22, 2018

it looks like a double wedding ring

It is time for the double wedding ring quilt along. Every Wednesday, Jo of Jo's country junction encourages us to make a double wedding ring quilt, which has been on my bucket list.

I spent a good bit of time finishing a batch of about 40 arcs for the second side of a melon. I was adding an angled piece to each end of the 6 piece A arcs. In Jo's pattern there is just piece A, but using my template, I discovered that I need both an A and a B for the full arc.



Last week's assignment was to add a square to each end as well. I was able to use a standard  2 1/2 inch square for the square.


And it was time to add the second side of the melon. It didn't look like it was going to work at all.


But, hooray, we have a recognizable part of the double wedding ring quilt.


 and another - this part is very rewarding. I could just stare at it for hours. Maybe, I will just carry it around with me all day, and whip it out whenever I need a boost.


So far the quilt along has been great. The instructions are thorough, and the pictures are so helpful. And Jo has done a wonderful job of breaking down the tasks into believable chunks of work. 

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers

Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

Oh Scrap

7 comments:

  1. wow!!
    so impressive!

    thanks so much for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your units are looking good! I was so tempted to do this quilt along but there are too many things going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! It worked, and it's looking great! I can see why you would want to carry it around - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Susan - wanting to carry it around. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely and it looks like you have a good stash to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty wedding rings! They all look perfectly pieced and flat.

    ReplyDelete