Friday, August 3, 2018

jupiter and one monthly goal

I have 2 blocks finished for Drops of Jupiter. There was almost only one. I am not sure I am liking it, and every seam is an inset seam. But, making two was better.





A new month is time for new goals for One monthly goal at Elm street quilts.

For August, I want to continue work on stella cyranna. I have the pieced rows finished, and it is time to assemble and work on the wool applique.


I want to quilt roll roll cotton boll. I found a backing, so I need to make the binding, and, I have two customer quilts, and then I can quilt it.


I want to string piece for orca bay ( here are other images) for the next mystery quilt finish.

I need to decide borders on snow days and prepare to quilt. I think it will be a while until I quilt it.


I am linking to:



6 comments:

  1. Looking good! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a pretty cool block! and the plaids you used are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Drops of Jupiter! Somehow, it reminds me of a comfortable, quaint, old-fashioned quilt. It will be gorgeous. Whenever I see a quilt like this I always try to figure out how to make it without those inset seams -- but I don't think it's doable with this pattern (unless one wanted to use two pieces of fabric for each section of the center star -- which would destroy the overall look). I'm looking forward to seeing more blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Steller Cyanne the best but that scrappy Steller quilt is really fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drops of Jupiter looks very complicated, but your blocks look great. Hope you can work in a couple of your quilts with all the customer quilts. Looking forward to seeing those all completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great. I hope you'll come back and link up your finish in the future. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday (TGIFF).

    ReplyDelete