Friday, May 22, 2020

stars and stripes quilt finish

We had a small quilt store in our town a few years ago. It wasn't far from my house. I spent too much time visiting the store and the sisters that owned it. I took classes and participated in block of the months. It was sad to see them close.  One of the block of the months they offered, was a patriotic quilt. There is something magical about red, white, and blue quilts.
I am thinking this was 2013. The blocks were one a month, and, then, the setting was after the blocks were done. It was my one monthly goal to get it quilted this month, and, I am glad to see it finished.




On the back I used all the patriotic panel fabrics I still had in my older stash. I quilted with a fancy star allover pattern and used a stripe binding. I did the binding with my machine.



This is also a finish for my PHD 2020.

I'm linking to:

8 comments:

  1. pretty quilt for Memorial Day - we had a small quilt shop in the near by town for some time but the person that ran it was not a pleasant person to be around LOL - how she stayed in business as long as she did is beyond me - I guess it was because she sold sewing machines more than fabric- she didn't have enough variety of fabric for me and was aimed only at machine work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!! It is perfect for this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice finish! Congratulations on making your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent UFO finish, Maggie!! I bet that feels SEW good, doesn't it? LOVE that striped binding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a nice quilt, and just in time for Memorial Day weekend. Your machine binding looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pattern; I like the way the rail fence is broken up by the star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo! It feels so good to get another UFO to the done stage. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete