Wednesday, May 27, 2020

9 patches



Ah, look what happens if I let myself idle for a moment. I start something new. My daughter texted and said we should do a jelly roll race, which I took to mean race as in who wins. So out came my 2 1/2 inch strips and in blue. I think I am way ahead of her, but, she has a way of sneaking past me.



I like making these. It is very satisfying when they finished. It takes 1 1/2 strips of a light and a dark to make them. So far, I am using the treadle in the evening to put these together. I had seen this quilt at Mary quilts and had it on my inspiration board. Since, I wanted to make it someday, I used this idea for the race. Go team

I am linking:

5 comments:

  1. These blocks are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of that framed 9 patch. Must bookmark it myself. Good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that road runner meme and still think it the funniest "virus" one yet! Love 9-patches and am dying to get one started but have a few projects ahead of me yet. Glad to hear they're so fun--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Maggie! I'm betting on you to win the race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun new project! Even better it uses up your scraps. Good luck winning this race.

    ReplyDelete