Monday, May 11, 2020

unity 2 finish

Once I had all the pieces cut and sewn, It was finally time to make the rows for the unity mystery quilt. I have not done a medallion quilt before, and, I am sure it requires that the pieces fit for each round. It is a different approach for a mystery than Bonnie Hunter has done before now. So, at this point, I am a little worried about my piecing.


On the plus side, this was not the 800 pieces I am used to in a Bonnie quilt. It went quickly. And, tada, it fit nicely. It feels like a I have just finished a quilt - that is the plus of a medallion quilt. Each round, I can stand back and feel a sense of completion.


Unity mystery quilt is a quiltville mystery / quilt along by Bonnie Hunter. I am only on clue 2 of 6 or 7, but, I will catch up eventually.

clue 1
clue 2 A
My other quiltville mysteries

I am linking:

4 comments:

  1. that is the good thing about the medallion quilts if you get tired of it before it is done you can stop and call it a table topper or a wall hanging - something - before it becomes bedsize

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does feel like a huge accomplishment after each round. Im working on round #4 today...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you to persevere on Unity. I decided it was time to work on UFOs rather than start a new project. Heck I haven’t done the Bonnie mysteries for a while. I have two unfinished Bonnie projects so I really don’t need to start anymore. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for finishing step 2!!! It's not as easy as it looks.

    ReplyDelete