Monday, October 31, 2016

rug catch up


Happy Halloween! I saw this on pinterest - how cute for a quilter's house




My daughter has been catching up on her Splendid sampler blocks. I admire her tenacity. I think there are 100 blocks. I am not a sampler quilter. I like more production and piecing.



I have reached a decision time on my Christmas rug. My mind wants to scallop the edges and add a red "binding" I see quilting has influenced my rug hooking. This rug has an inner border and an outer border. But I would also like to just finish the rug. So what to do? Leave it on the floor and walk around it a few days and maybe it will tell me. sigh....
I was worried I would not have enough of the background wool to finish it this far, but I did - hooray! I did a lot of cutting, mostly using a 7 for the background. It was a subtle plaid but looks very antique. I think there would be enough to do the scallops.
I'm already planning the next rug. I really like this snowman
Mr Wynter. Designed by the talented Karen Thomson of Ottawa, Ontario. 


I am linking to
Patchwork Times
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday
Main Crush Monday

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your holiday rug is amazing. Love the colors, the candy canes really shine out of that black background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is really doing a great job! I’m lucky if I recall to at least download the patterns! Her blocks are so inspiring – especially the sewing machine, the star next to it, the dress….they’re all wonderful!

    This year health issues prevented me from even thinking about participating, but I did download each pattern. It’s on my Quilts of 2017 list!

    Your Christmas rug is stunning! It will be interesting to see how you decide to finish it!

    Your snowman is co cute! He looks absolutely friendly and sweet! He made me smile!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete