Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Moth in the window quilt


With Bonnie Hunter's New Book in my hands, I remembered that I had made my own Moth in the Window Quilt for my son. I had taken Bonnie's Craft U class, and it was one of the quilts that she demonstrated, and I wanted to try it. I was disappointed that there were no quilt instructions in that class setting, so I made up my own settings and sashings and borders. I wish I had known how to do it like the book, but oh well. I used recycled shirt fabric, and I quilted it with baptist fans.



I had my small quilt group for dinner and made this:

Homemade Texas Toast

I used
2 sticks butter, softened
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced -I used the kind in a jar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 loaf of Texas Toast - I didn't know you could buy this in the bread section of just about any grocery store.

I zapped the butter 30 seconds which made it very spreadable. The flavor was good. But my first batch I didn't have the oven hot enough. So I did 450 for 5-6 minutes
I think next time I may add spices.

Here is where I found the recipe.


 This is so much better than the store bought and can be frozen.


Just a reminder of something fun

Trip Around the World Quilt Along at Busy Hands Quilts


I am linking to:
Bee Social
midweek Makers









9 comments:

  1. Your Moth in the window is great - I love all the fabrics you used - plaids are my favorite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!
    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great with all the shirt fabrics - I need to dig mine out and use 'em up! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Moth in the Window quilt is beautiful!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your Moth in the Window quilt!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete