Monday, October 3, 2016

Fall ing behind

We have had a week of dreary skies and rain. The temperatures have dropped, and every joint is responding by saying ouch. I have a hard time focusing on any one project, but I want to at least do something. We have my husband's hand surgery hanging over our heads and still no actual date. We really can't put plans in place for the holidays or anything else, until this is over.
So..  I am still slogging through green hourglass blocks for the leader/ender challenge. I need to cut more neutrals.

I'm still cutting for my kaleidoscope quilt. I have 280 of 350 done. I want 81 blocks and there are 4 in each block of the dark and 4 of the light and 4 of the corner triangles. And I want as big a variety as I can get. I've been through all of the fabrics I had pulled and now it is time to scrounge around for a few more or repeat my favorites.
I have been sewing the offtrack pieces into blocks. I need 35 for a throw. I used a jelly roll, and wouldn't you know, random wasn't random enough. The last few were a bit disappointing, so I want to recut just a couple and resew them.

Assembling should be easy -lol- there are no sashings or borders.

I am linking to moving it Forward
and
main crush Monday
and
Monday Making
and
design wall Monday

8 comments:

  1. So many projects, so many scrappy colors, so much fun! Looks like you're moving several projects forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of those fabric pieces! I really like the pattern you used for your jelly roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of great projects - sound like they are moving forward well. Sorry about the plan making - sometimes that is the hardest part of not knowing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects to keep you busy while everything with your husband sorts itself out. That throw will be pretty -- I made an MBS Cobblestone top with a similar block and appreciated the triple sashing strips between the block rows -- it helped use up more strips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very busy. I'm also falling behind with my multiple projects. It's hard when we have so many things on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty colors in your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you about your pain. Praying your feel better soon. Life can be challenging and feel so out of control when we are in a "waiting" season! You are getting so much accomplished in spite of your pain! :) I especially love the colors on your last quilt! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete