Wednesday, October 12, 2016

UFO



Time for Jo's Country Junction Bonnie Hunter UFO challenge. I have gotten a few ready for quilting, but there are many more. So, It was time to check the project shelf and boxes. This is in a storage room with a shelf set dedicated to my quilting. There is also a shelf dedicated to my wool for rug hooking. But that is even more embarrassing.


I pulled out one of my boxes and found three Bonnie quilt starts, and the oldest one I was looking to find.  Here is Boxy stars scrappy with all the blocks done. I need to sash and assemble.



Here is boxy stars in black and yellow. All the blocks are done, time to move on to completing it.
But this is the oldest Bonnie Hunter, I don't have finished. It was a mystery quilt in 2008.

I have started assembling it. This might be done in time for the new mystery.




I'm not really sure why I tend to quit at the assembly stage, but I do. Maybe it's because The surprise is over. Or maybe, I don't want to finish and say goodbye. Or maybe, there are just too many new quilts I want to to try.


I am linking to
Jo's Country Junction
Let's Bee Social
Midweek Makers
WOW
Silly mama quilts

11 comments:

  1. Your blocks are lovely and your quilts will be very pretty when finished. I love Bonnie quilts too! Have a wonderful day!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is because the surprise is over, then they get set aside. Takes will power to finish! Thanks for sharing Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It make take awhile, I still believe I will finish - thanks

      Delete
  3. Your orange crush is cruising right along. I like the boxy star quilts you have in process. I think the black and yellow blocks sing!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the same thing, finishing the top then setting it aside. I'm now trying to finish the UFOs, so I'm trying to get more comfortable with FMQ. It's a challenge for me. I'd much rather put the tops together! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the piecing but have to get comfortable with the rest

      Delete
  6. I am the same way! I did finish Orange Crush and really love that quilt!
    I must finish Allietare before the new mystery starts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to finish allietare too. But I have some in front of that one. Can't wait for the new mystery

    ReplyDelete