Thursday, October 13, 2016

Meet pete



I have finally appliqued my first bird on my Happy Birds Quilt by Jen Kingwell. Ok, my pointys are not all pointy and my roundys are a bit pointy. Sorry for the technical jargon. But I am ok with it, the bird named Pete. Only three more to go.


The others in my group have been working on their squares and squares and squares. They are using fun colors. I think they plan on machine appliqueing their centers, but I wanted to try learning applique by hand.

Happy birds squares

I am tempted to try this quilt along. check it out.



Trip Around the World Quilt Along at Busy Hands Quilts

I am linking to
Fabric, Thread, and Yarn
Needle and thread Thursday
Oh scrap

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic array of colors! Your applique project looks ambitious. I admire all you quilters who do such beautiful applique work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not be suited for applique but I am glad I am trying - thanks

      Delete
  2. Your bird is a real character, so cute. The others will be fun to see also. The squares are so colorful and you have a nice group of them. Keep up the good work! Wish I could do appliqué. I'm putting off trying. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to have an attitude lol - thanks so much

      Delete
  3. Love your project and the colors. You can always say that you wanted something to be pointy as you wanted to add your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind how it was supposed to be. It's cute and looks quite cheery!
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete