Monday, October 17, 2016

Kirklin

Over the weekend, we found a quaint little town promoting fall and antique shops. We love digging around in antique shops, even though we really can't afford the real deals. But we love seeing new to us stuff. It's a bit like visiting a museum without an entrance fee. This spot in Indiana is Kirklin and it became a town in 1900. One of the antique stores is actually in an old bank building with one of the rooms inside the vault. The streets were pumpkin, haybale,gourd, and mum..ified  LOL


My pictures don't do it justice.


I loved looking at old quilts - these were my favorites 




Both were over $300.00 which is way too much in this economy. Lovely work.

My quilting involved working on Kaleidoscope blocks from my Mary Huey workshop- more here. I am making 40 blocks of light in the corner.

I have tried several options for pressing and nesting the center, so far this is the one I like the best and gives a flatter seam. I am doing most of the piecing on my featherweight.

I am linking to 
Moving it Forward Monday
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful antique quilts, but pricey, yes. Love your blocks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even loved the time ceilings at the shop! When there's that many seams converging at least one seam pressed open does help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good to hear I am on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  4. The town looks sweet and your kaleidoscope is real fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like lovely time spent! Very pretty kaleidoscope blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got in some fun antiquing. The kaleidoscope blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are so very pretty! Such a creative lady you are! Truly, I've never seen this block before! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the antique quilts! Love your blocks too!

    ReplyDelete