Sunday, October 23, 2016

quilting and fabric report


I finished quilting a quilt for a customer so that I can get my guild challenge on the frame and hopefully quilt it and bind it before the deadline.

I used the pantograph Deb's swirls. I really have a hard time with thread color on a red,, white, and blue quilt. I don't like mushing the center with dark thread, but I would rather have a darker on the blue. This looked nice.





I have decided to empty this scrap bin, by cutting into useable sizes and organizing, by setting a 15 minute timer every day until it's done. And then there are more.


 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: bits and pieces

Fabric Used year to Date: 24 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards  woohoo
Fabric Added Year to Date: 150.5 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 126.5 yards in the hole

and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 0
for total of 10




I'm linking to:
Patchwork TImes
slow Sunday Stitching



6 comments:

  1. The quilting is perfect for the quilt. Have fun working on all those scraps in the bin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking this morning that I needed to start setting a timer for 15 minutes to try to get my scraps back under control.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete