Wednesday, October 5, 2016

quilts, blocks, and yarn, oh my



At small group quilting last night, Linda showed us her completed wedding gift quilts. She made his and hers quilts for her nieces wedding.







Very cute quilting on this one.
I've made progress on my Knit the sky by leaf cutter designs project. I am much more mindful of the sky making this scarf. I haven't missed a day, keeping my fingers crossed on that.
Notice the large gray area at the top? We went from summer to gray overnight. I added a little blue with the gray on a day, when, for a split second, the gloom parted, and I saw blue.

I haven't been working on my Bonnie Hunter quilts of quiltville much of late. I have so many exciting and new projects, that I haven't gotten to them. But I miss it. I am also trying to leave wiggle room for her new mystery this year. I don't want to be distracted when the time comes to start that. I am participating in a swap for hourglass blocks. I am still on my greens, but I received some neutrals and had to -just  had to try them around the oranges. There is a link to the challenge on the sidebar.
Fun, Fun, Fun

I am linking and looking here:
Jo's Country Junction UFO
and
small things yarn along
and
midweek makers
and
Bee social
and
WOW Esther's quilt blog
and
silly mama link up

10 comments:

  1. lovely projects!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes hard to keep up with those QAL's, but I'm eager to see what you're creating instead! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first quilt looks like wool--I love the patterns on the cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts are gorgeous! Again, I'm wishing I had a place to keep my sewing machine, so I could get more practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to sew more. It's good therapy

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous his and hers quilts. I'm trying to finish last year's mystery so I can start up with Bonnie's mystery with a clean slate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished last year's mystery. I am afraid of trimming for borders

      Delete