Sunday, October 30, 2016

Mystery fabric


Bonnie Hunter has released the fabric colors and requirements for this year's mystery quilt. I love the colors. She is calling it En Provence from her trip to France. I quickly found my paint chips at Lowe's and began scrunging through the scrap bins. My husband sent this picture to my quilter daughter.



Magenta is the one constant fabric. The first 2 are my favorite but there isn't enough fabric in either piece. The one on the right has enough but I don't like as well. So I need to decide which is more important to me.
















I didn't think I would have trouble finding the greens but I did. I may have to shop for a few more - oh how terrible.

I am so excited about this quilt - the colors were my wedding colors 43 years ago and are still my favorites.


 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: 15 1/2 yards for finishing Shimmer.

Fabric Used year to Date: 39 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards  woohoo
Fabric Added Year to Date: 150.5 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 115 yards in the hole

and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 0
for total of 10

I am linking to:
Patchwork Times
Slow Sunday Stitching
Sunday Stash

11 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing in on Bonnie's mystery. I am not because I already have so many UFOs and my stash of purples is not vast enough. Love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need to play along anyway - thanks for stopping

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great when you can shop your stash first and then a trip to buy the fabrics you need to fill in those empty spaces can be an adventure of its own. Looking forward to seeing your process and progress on the Mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to be digging around in the stash!
    I love how you are sitting right in the middle of it... great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you showed your choices with the paint chips. Thanks. Haven't had time to read Bonnie's post yet, so now I know. :) I love purples as anyone who knows me will tell you. So I might have to do her colors too, except someone is twisting me to use QOV colors. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Thank you for sharing your colors using paint chips! Fabulous idea! Pinning that one for sure! Your project is going to be beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so much easier to see if I have it right - thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. You've got some great choices for Bonnie's mystery. I'm going to do the mystery, but I'll probably change up the color palette to match whatever I have in the stash.

    ReplyDelete