Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fabric Flowers

I am trying to learn applique and see if I can coordinate mind and fingers to make the applique for Happy Birds by Jen kingwell.  I have 4 flowers that are done and 4 still to go. But, I am taking it slow and steady.







 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: 1yard

Fabric Used year to Date: 23 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 24 3/4 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 133.5 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 110.5 yards in the hole

and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 5
for total of 10


I received an order from Missourri Star Quilt Company. I have 2 jelly rolls - Flow by Moda and a layer cake - zen chic, and a charm pack - bees n blooms, and a Christmas charm pack.
I really didn't have plans for them but liked them and they were on sale.






I was lucky for senior day at the Goodwill and found these 2 pieces of fabric.  One was 3 yards and one was 12 yards. I paid $4.20 for 15 yards. woohoo.









Happy 34th birthday to our second son. He has a killer smile that melts my heart every time.



I'm linking  to
Patchwork times stash report
Slow Sunday stitching
Sharing Sunday




5 comments:

  1. Great stash addition! Your appliqué flowers look lovely. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great deal on the goodwill fabric and its so pretty! Your applique is looking grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some fun stash additions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those applique blocks. Your fabric additions are wonderful. That red fabric was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash find! I applaud your efforts in applique! I tried it with my Quilty 365. It was fun, but I have too many hand sewing/crocheting projects going on right now. But, everytime I see an applieque project, I want to try it again!

    Your applique is beautiful and inspirational all at the same time! Thank you so very much for sharing! Really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete