Monday, October 24, 2016

4 patch posie workshop

Our guild's resident expert, has decided to officially retire from teaching. So she did a reprisal of everyone's favorite class, the 4 patch posie. I have one started from a few years ago, but I have not finished it. Still I couldn't miss Sharon's last class.  I had made a bad fabric choice with the last posie class which is why I have not wanted to finish. The fabric had too much empty space. This is my attempt to fix that.... no empty space.






My repeat was just 8 inches, so I was advised to cut 3 1/2 inch squares. It is an amazing quilt. So many different fabric choices, and no idea how they will sew together .
Cindy's...



Julie's...



Linda's...





Wanda's...




These are mine. I really love them.



And just for fun, we had special cookies to celebrate this great event.



I am linking to:
Monday Making
Moving it Forward Monday
Main Crush Monday

4 comments:

  1. It is fun to see how the same pattern looks in so many different fabrics. It'll be sad for the guild when their teacher retires... maybe someone else will step up and teach new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your blocks look.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how different a block will look when made with different fabrics? I like your blocks a lot, they are going to look great in a quilt! Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete