Thursday, October 27, 2016

Happy Birds



Everyone in our small group, but me, is making great progress on their Happy Birds quilts. I have been hand apliqueing which is all new to me. Sue machine appliqued raw edge and it looks great.



The others have been making these really cute, but scarey star blocks



Each bird has a different personality - they may be coming to life.....
















I have been preparing EPP hexagons for the first border on my Happy Bird quilt. At least I know how to make hexagons. The other stuff not so much.
I managed to finish and send my hexie swap to my swap partner in Ohio. She requested country colors.
I am linking to:
Fabric Thread and Yarn
Needle and thread Thursday
Oh Scrap

11 comments:

  1. So lovely birds!Beautiful work! Anneli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful! I have such a time trying to applique myself that I can't help admire your groups progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I will applique again but... thanks

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your birds!!! Your whole quilt is SOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds really have their personalities, I love the one that stands cross-legged with a dainty blue tail! They're all very cute in their happy bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't let that dainty tail fool you - she is fiesty - thanks

      Delete
  5. Well done. It will be great. Slow progress is progress so you are going to get there. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your happy-looking birds. You stitched them beautifully. You're right, it's much faster with the sewing machine. But I personally find hand-stitching quite relaxing. Do you?
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete