Sunday, May 9, 2021

stash report May 9, 2021


I bought these fat quarter  bundles in preparation for a new quilt I am making as part of our Friday quilt group. At least Linda and I are making a quilt called sea swept., others may join as we go along. I have chosen to make it with batiks in the colors on the pattern. I pulled some fabric from my small, but, rarely used, stash of batiks. I was worried I didn't have enough.

for sea swept


Stash report May 9, 2021

Fabric Used this week: 0 yards  

Fabric Used year to Date: 59 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this week: 5 yards  
Fabric Added Year to Date: 63 1/2 yards

net fabric: 4 yards bought more than used 

I stitched at least 15 minutes every day this week. I had a sew day with friends on Friday.

I changed things up a bit, as I search for a new project for rug hooking at our guild meeting. I started a random free form circle rug to use leftover bits. I drew a few more circles, and, will play in the wool while I decide. Here is where I left it in 2019


 I am linking to:


9 comments:

  1. Your embroidery looks amazing, the free hand circle makes it look modern and neat.
    Happy Mother's Day Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those batik fabrics are very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing your progress on that quilt. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics will make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sea swept is going to be wonderful with these batiks! I love your sample blocks with shirts, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to buy some new fabrics, and start something new. Thank you for inspiring me to start Norwegian Snowflakes. I'm looking forward to seeing yours soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those batiks are such pretty blues and greens. The new rug design is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty batiks for your Sea Swept quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Everyone likes to get new fabric to play
    with...really like your rug..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on a success week of stitching. Love your fabric picks for your new project. The random circle hooking project looks really fun. What a great way to use up some left overs.

    ReplyDelete