Saturday, May 1, 2021

cheerful red

I hope to follow a plan for working the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy this year.

1. grab color wire basket and sort

 I keep my fabric chunks in wire baskets by color. Some baskets are in tidy shape, others, not so much. Red is in good shape, and still looks tidy.

3. make ongoing rsc blocks

These bits and pieces were just sitting on top of my table waiting to be put away. When I saw that we were using red for May and the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy, I just sewed them together rather than putting them in drawers. But, then, from the looks of my table, Angela could have chosen any color, and I would have had something to make on the quick.

1 1/2 inch  strips and squares

2. decide ufo by color -prioritize as #1

red - Aunt Eliza star

This is a ufo from 2014 and our Christmas trip to Florida. I have the blocks made. I think I need an alternative block. I would like something chainy, but, I am not sure I want to go to the trouble. ( mojo is missing). I have all month.


My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along


blue ufos

floating stars and here and here - finished

green ufos

Christmas sparkle and here

epp stars

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here - finished

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases - finished

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here finished


 I am linking to:

13 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie, lucky of you that your red scraps are ready to be sewing. Great blocks! Looking forward for what you decided about Aunt Eliza Stars blocks layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you had some red handy to sew up a few blocks! I love those stars you pulled out to work on, too. I'll enjoy seeing what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a start with the red blocks already. They look happy and full of colour. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! Already got a head start in red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such interesting scrap fabrics! I love the blocks you make with them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start on Red blocks, Maggie! Isn't it nice when you already have the block parts out??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start on red. I seem to have bits of all colors hanging around pretty close to the machine as well......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you find your mojo soon. Your red blocks look great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you find your mojo soon. At least you made a great start on your red blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty and cheerful, thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete