Friday, May 28, 2021

little houses

 I don't have a finish of my own, but, I have a customer quilt finish. This is a quilt with swap blocks that 5 of us participated in a few years ago. As far as I know, Linda is the first to complete hers. It was such a fun swap. I like how she put it together. One of our swappers had a made a church that was twice the size of our 4 1/2 inch block. She put that in the center.


She put any leftover on the back I quilted an simple stipple so that the houses were the important part. I quilted leaves in the large border.


She made paper pieced blocks of trees for the borders.


we had some creative houses that I thoroughly enjoyed






Mine is not a top yet. I still love looking at all the fun blocks. Something new, will catch my eye every time I look at it.



I'm linking to:

TGIFF different     here  and here

11 comments:

  1. This is Lucy. I want to swap more of ANYTHING you guys decide on! I sure do miss you. YOUR blog is the BEST thing on the internet and a sweet touch of love. LOVE you. Let me know what we can swap again, please???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing this quilt...now I have a squirrel running around my head about houses. lol Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this quilt. I love the variety of houses and all the creatures, fussy cut so they can peak out of the doors. No doubt that quilt will be treasured for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh adorable houses!!! how could you pick your favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken house turned my heart over. So sweet. And the wood one, and minion, and oh! my gracious! Olive oil! She's a spicy gal! Thanks for sharing her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A finish is a finish! I love this quilt - so much fun and variety in it. Thanks, too for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so much fun! And so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute quilt, Maggie!! I have done a number of swaps over the years. Thanks for the reminder that I need to finish them up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love swapping blocks with friends! These houses are fun!

    ReplyDelete