Friday, May 7, 2021

john wayne quilt

 I have a finish, but, it's not my quilt. This is a customer quilt made for a John Wayne fan. The back is as cool as the front. I didn't have any cowboy designs. - not a lot of need here in the midwest. So, I did a little research about John Wayne, made a list of his movies, and wrote them with thread on the quilt. I did it free hand, so, I knew it would be wonky, so, I went wonky on purpose. I really like how it turned out.


the man who shot liberty valance



I added his stage name and his real name, and 10 movies. I hope they like it  I sure had fun doing it.

I'm linking to:

TGIFF different     here  and here

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea for quilting! I really like that! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt and great idea for the quilting! The back is awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a clever idea for the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool!! It reminds me of how my daughter quilted words and phrases onto her own quilt that she finished on her grandmother's longarm. The personalization is what makes it fun and extra special. Thanks for sharing on TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great quilt and wonderful quilting. Great idea. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to quilt that project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful way to quilt that piece. I'm sure the fan will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly a unique quilt -- I'm sure it will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so pretty and I love the quilting. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete