Saturday, May 22, 2021

red crumb stars

I made 10 crumb stars for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. May's color is red. After a few years of following along with the rainbow scrap challenge, I was surprised that there were very few small red scraps. I still have more than I need, but I have, apparently, weeded the smallest pieces out of the scraps. Even, the 2 1/2 inch strip bin was mostly long strips. And I have used all my 2 1/2 inch squares. It was a bit of a struggle to find the pieces for the crumb centers. 




After 3 tries, I have successfully made a sourdough starter.... in a red bowl. I tried a few years ago with a pioneer starter. I really didn't like the smell of it, and, wasn't confident enough to follow through with it. All I have made with my new starter was banana bread.



 I am linking to:

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along

crumb stars


red ufos

aunt Eliza star and here

blue ufos

floating stars and here and here - finished

green ufos

Christmas sparkle and here

epp stars

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here - finished

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases - finished

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here finished


8 comments:

  1. Who doens't love a star quilt?
    Your crumb red star blocks look so beautiful together, Maggie.
    Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... Crumb Stars in RED are SEW lovely, Maggie!! They remind me that I have a stack of those waiting for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your red crumb stars! Sometimes I look in my red scrap bin, and don't like anything I see, lol! Sourdough banana bread sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your crumb stars, and on your sourdough starter. I kept a starter alive for a year or so once, and made lots of loaves, but was never satisfied with the taste. It was good, just not San Francisco good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely crumb blocks! And yay for your starter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, no more red tiny scraps? You will need to make some ;D
    Lovely stars, the scrumb centers really add interest.
    Thank youfor linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't felt brave enough to try sourdough myself. Good job!

    Yay for using up all the small scraps. That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely crumb blocks. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete