Wednesday, May 5, 2021

radio waves quilt

Yesterday, I blogged about a new block I was trying, and I am so glad I did. Thank you for the help. Good thing, I tried a sample. Now to figure out, how to do it.

When I spent time cutting a box of shirts, I cut 7 1/2 inch squares for quilted twins free pattern called radio waves. I had a handful of shirt strips that I thought I might as well sew them together. I enjoyed making these, as I used 1 1/2 inch strips and mostly muslin by strip piecing, and, then sub cutting. I need to cut some background fabric and add it top and bottom of the sashing strips. This is not a need to do project, yet.


We planted our potatoes. It is still a bit chilly for me outdoors. We have always heard to plant the potatoes on Good Friday, but, we weren't ready. In Indiana, the frost date is May 10th. We have 5 days to go and the forecast is cold in the 30s.



2 comments:

  1. Love the pattern and can't wait to see you get this together.
    You do so many great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will make up into lovely quilts! Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete