Tuesday, May 11, 2021

to do: draw more circles

This seems to be a project for in between finishing a rug and what rug to do next decisions. I generally just do what comes to mind in each of the circles, but, this time, I thought it would be fun to use up leftovers strips from the project I am working currently. I might even add miniatures of the bigger pictures. I think in these circles, I will do Mr. Scarecrow rug. 


Here is where I left it in 2019. Just like in quilting I have strings and crumbs, in rug hooking, I have bags of strips leftover. If I have enough of one color, I sort them by color. Otherwise, I just throw them in a ziplock bag. I use that bag in this rug. I am using any odds and ends of black in-between the circles. I am a scrappy quilter and a scrappy rug hooker.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a fun design idea for using your leftover strips! I don't know anything about rug hooking - what kind of fabric are the strips out of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute project! Those circles are so cool! Love the fussy cutting. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete