Saturday, May 8, 2021

waffle blocks

I was out of pieces for the "inside" of my waffle stamp blocks. It was therapeutic to sew strips together in different combinations to make the centers. I used up some small pieces that were in the 1 1/2 in strip drawer.


I needed to cut red for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy for the outside parts of the waffle stamp blocks.  I think every scrappy quilt needs a little red somewhere.


 I sewed a few blocks together in sets of 4. I didn't want to sew too many, in case they all looked the same, but, no worries. There is still plenty of variety to make a nice scrappy quilt.



I am linking to:

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along


red ufos

aunt Eliza star


blue ufos

floating stars and here and here - finished

green ufos

Christmas sparkle and here

epp stars

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here - finished

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases - finished

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here finished


 

4 comments:

  1. Your collection of waffle blocks are growing, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ravishing RED additions to your Waffle block collection, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such a fun scrappy block. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scrappy colors in your second quilt. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete