Sunday, August 21, 2016

wool from sauder rug hooking week


 The wool I bought was luscious. I really am thrilled with buying swatches. Although they are small, they will be great for shading. Each swatch has 6 gradations, for subtle shading.
I needed red dot to transfer a pattern I have onto the rug warp I will be using.  And I have no plans for the bundle, but I just loved the colors together. I may never hook with it, but just leave it around the house as decoration :). I bought a short bolt of cream wool to dye. Dyeing wool is easy and fun. I tend to procrastinate, due to the mess, and the gathering from the four corners of the house of all the materials. But all the colors at Rug week really inspired me to try dip dyeing, and swatching. I have it on good authority, that I may be getting dye spoons for Christmas. Ho ho ho.



 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: bits and pieces

Fabric Used year to Date: 9 1/4 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 18 yards and 8 yards of wool to dye

Fabric Added Year to Date: 72 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 63 yards in the hole

and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 3
for total of 5

Stitching has begun on a quilt that needs this block.
 I'm linking to Patchwork times stash report
and
 slow sunday stitching
Slow Sunday Stitching

and

sharing sundays
div style="width:100%;text-align:center;">
                     

13 comments:

  1. Adorable block! I love wool work, the colors in your second picture are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little cat with the bee curious! Those are some beautiful colors you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wool fabric! Love the kitten embroidery as well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun stitchery block!! ENjoy your slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those are ust beautiful wool colors, I love the stack too its just in time for autumn. The embroidered block is sweet. Have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embroidery block is adorable and the wools are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wools! I have a small collection and should get started on another wool project! Cute cat block too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wool, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitten embroidery is so cute! Is that your pattern? I have a friend who would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is called bee-utiful on the moda bakeshop site

      Delete
  10. What an adorable kitty block. Your wool looks beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wools are beautiful and your kitty is adorable. Where did you get the pattern for the kitty?
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wools look lovely and I know will be a dream to work with. Cute kitty block.

    ReplyDelete