Monday, August 29, 2016

a finish

I have a finish....




The pattern was from this book and designer Kathy Brown
I have a couple of her books. THe directions were great and the pattern was easy. It was done very quickly and then it had to get into a long line of my own quilts waiting a turn on the longarm.
I moved this one up to be a birthday gift, next month. I am a little nervous to give it since I played around with the quilting - doodling swirls and a few feathers, and I am not so happy with the results. But her favorite color is blue and I think she will like the fabric.

My August swap hexies have arrived from the great state of Texas. I have asked in the swap to receive civil war reproduction fabrics. These are just perfect. Thank you Irene.








I am linking to:
ems scrapbag moving it forward



and

6 comments:

  1. Love the teal color in your quilt. Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose for your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the gifted quilt will be loved - the colors are fantastic! Congrats on your finish, and thanks for sharing your quilt on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your take five on point is lovely! My daughter pieced one for me as a wedding gift! I like your "take" on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish! It's beautiful! ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure she will love and that you are being way to hard on yourself. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete