Wednesday, August 31, 2016

wild child


I have finished my Wild Child Quilt, a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her book String Fling. Mine is a little different. I don't really like to string piece, but I like to make crumb blocks. I decided to try that in the centers, which made me a happier quilter  Jo Kramer had been making one see hers here, and I caught the bug from her and began by cutting down bigger crumb blocks already in my stash. Once I found the border print, it came together nicely.





My daughter, while visiting, made this little quilt for a baby shower gift. She often out produces me and has a natural hand at piecing. But I remember how un interested she has been through her time at home. On her own, she is a fine quilter now. oh, and by the way, she used my fabric, my batting, my machine, my pattern, my longarm,  .......

I'm  linking to Jo's ufo challenge 

Esther Aliu blog WIPS on Wednesday

   WOW

and bee social

Sew Fresh Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny when our kids come home how they just take over? Your daughter's quilt is lovely and she looks pleased with it. Your scrappy quilt looks so good. I've never heard of crumb blocks - so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shower gift -- that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete