Friday, August 19, 2016

Shopping, rugs, field trip

Our group made a trip to a small quilt store in Twelve Mile, Indiana called Scarlet Thread. It is out in the country and requires a bit of navigating. We were on a mission to complete our set of Happy Bird quilt patterns for everyone in our group. And, hopefully, buy some Jen Kingwell fabric for the borders. It was quaint and friendly. Two other guild members happened to visit at the same time. lol


Our rug hooking group met on Tuesday and my big goal was to cut more background strips for my Christmas rug see here. Since it is my own adaptation of the pattern, I really don't know how much I will need to cut. I am using a #7 for my background.
We are so blessed to have as a group, a Beeline cutter with several blades for our use each week. One very devoted rug hooker takes it home and carries it back each week. We inherited it when an older member passed away and her family didn't want it. These cutters are wonderful, but cost nearly 600.00 and each blade is 150.00. As much as I would love to own one and have it at home, I could never afford that. sigh....
This is Carolyn's sheep, and she uses a hoop instead of a frame to hold her rug as she hooks.
This is Beth's rooster. She has a great sense of color.

Big trip to Archbold, Ohio for rug hooking week, and I will have many great photos. I found one rug, on exhibit, that was also quilted. hmm....

Here is my handwork for the car trip.
I'm linking to 
Confessions of a fabric addict whoop whoop fridays

and
Linking up with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts


and
France Nadeau

1 comment:

  1. What a nice trip it must have been! I like to see your pictures about rugs; this seems to be an interesting technique to learn.
    I think it's the first time that I'm seeing hexies made out of wool... lovely! That's something I'll keep in mind. :-)
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. I wish you a good week!

    ReplyDelete