Sunday, August 28, 2016

Shopping therapy

While everyone else was without power, and buying flashlights and batteries, I wanted out of dodge and fabric buying. Preferably, somewhere with electricity ( air conditioning) and a place to charge electronics, And a little pretend nothing is wrong therapy.
Noblesville's Always in Stitches was celebrating their anniversary with a fabric sale. Fat quarter bundles of their choosing were 25 fat quarters for 30.00  They have a yarn shop in the store where I purchased sock yarn bits for the miter corner blanket, and a new needle saver.



I have a quilt finish and lovely slow binding to hand sew. One of my very favorite parts.




 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: 13 1/4 yards

Fabric Used year to Date: 22 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 18.75 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 91 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 68 1/2 yards in the hole

and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 0
for total of 5

My friend wanted to try a new yarn shop in Noblesville where I fell in love with this sock yarn of alpaca, silk, and cashmere.
I also bought a sock yarn that will knit up as fair isle - sounds interesting

I'm linking with
and
Slow Sunday Stitching


and




8 comments:

  1. retail therapy is always good! hope you get your power back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have some cool fabrics. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would much rather be buying bundles of fabric any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a steal on those fat quarter bundles! Made me wish I lived near you! Your yarn purchases are also beautiful! Of course, the Misti Alpaca's bright colors grabbed my eye! I'm a VERY beginner knitter, but I do enjoy crochet - and yarn shop yarns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great escape. I like to knit socks but don't know much about the new yarns available thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did well with your therapy! Enjoy your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that yarn. What a great way to escape a power outage. Enjoy your knitting and stitching.

    ReplyDelete