Sunday, August 14, 2016

hexies and fabric

I have finished my August swap hexies. They will will be jetting to Australia soon. I have belonged to the Inchy hexagon flower swap group for several years. I just love that my hexie projects contain hexies I have received from all over the world, Denmark, UK, Australia, France, Canada, and even Tennessee.
I notice that there are brown and falling leaves in the picture ( as well as weeds :). Can it be that time already?

 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: 3 yards for baby jax top

Fabric Used year to Date: 9 1/4 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 6 1/4 yards

Fabric Added Year to Date: 54 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 45 yards in the hole
and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 2
 I found these at Goodwill. Both fabrics are flannel and were $2.78. And the little girl in me still collects Barbie dresses when I can find them.

I'm linking to Judy at Patchwork Times  and
Slow Sunday Stitching

11 comments:

  1. Love the colors of your fabric. You have to freshen your stash every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexies are pretty and how fun to swap them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of the hexie flowers in the garden :)
    Enjoy your slow stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty hexes and so special to have them from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodwill never has any crafty supplies. I still have all my old Barbie dolls and their clothes. I no longer collect though. Your hexies are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also using a punch to do the hexies. I usually do them when we travel because it distracts me from my husbands driving -ha! My grandparents and their families for about four generations come from Hendricks and Boone Counties in Indiana. It's beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lively hexies and creative photo! Oh oh, is fall arriving to your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those two shirts will make nice pieces of fabric. Do you know that there's a challenge on Instagram about quilts made with discarded clothing and textiles? You can find it under #makedoquilt (created by Sherri Lynn Wood)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely hexies and fabric. Can't wait to see your quilt all put together.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty hexies. Hard to pass up usable fabric at that price.

    ReplyDelete