Thursday, August 18, 2016

hourglass blocks


My new accuquilt die arrived, and I just had to try it out for fun. I bought it for the Bonnie Hunter Leader /ender challenge and hourglass blocks. If I do the colors the way she has planned, I needed 8 blocks of orange.
If I remember to keep the dark triangle on top as I feed it through the machine, they will all nest perfectly together. I'm still trying to finish my tumbler quilt rows.

It looks like the die and my piecing are 3 1/2 inch unfinished and will finish at 3 inches.


Next color is pink.

My foxes are all cut and laid out, and ready to spring to life.


I'm linking with needle and thread
My Quilt Infatuation

and Oh scrap

Quiltville's Quips & Snips


4 comments:

  1. Don't you love your accuquilt! Your hourglass blocks are lovely. Be sure and post the finished quilt so I can see it;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty orange fabrics! I have been fascinated with oranges and yellows lately.

    ReplyDelete