Sunday, August 7, 2016

Stash report

I need some accountability for my fabric purchasing. I'm sure I can never use all my beautiful fabric in my lifetime. But that does not discourage me from buying more of it. But when I worry, I don't give myself credit for all I do use. I saw this link up for reporting, and though, I have to make decisions about what and when to count , I'm going to try keeping a tally.

Fabric Used this Week: 6 1/4  yards  backing, binding for a quilt and hexies

Fabric Added this Week: 48 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 41.75 yards in the hole

See what I mean? I need accountability...   I was done in by a big blanket size bag of fabric at Goodwill.  I re-donated about a third of it. But, what was left was mostly Christmas - old Christmas, but fabric, nonetheless. Luckily, for my statistics, this kind of treasure doesn't come along very often.




This piece was 6 yards but there were other pieces for a total of 12 1/4 yards, great for backs.



This was the biggest piece with 8 3/4 yards, another great back


The best part of goodwill treasures is the original purchase tags. What was an Alco discount store, and when, and 2 yards of fabric for 1.50. Nice

I fold my fabric around this ruler after meeting fold and selvage. It is a size that works great on my shelves.

I kept the odd panels, although very dated and umm... ugly, because I can use the instructions as printed words which I think is great.
 Total cost was 6.99 for 48 official yards and some scraps or  14 cents a yard. whoop whoop. that is if I live long enough to use it.
see what others are doing at Pachwork times

12 comments:

  1. Just share your wealth one day. Old Christmas fabric makes for great backing of new Christmas fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to pass up those kind of bargains and those are great fabrics to use for backings. Good luck getting a handle on your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never pass up a great deal like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great deal! Lucky you to find it! ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to stash reporting! I've found that, just like when you record what you eat, recording what you buy helps make you buy less! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific deal, certainly too good to pass up. Good luck with yur stash tracking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really did find a treasure. Our goodwill store has never had good fabric, that I've seen. I would have found it hard to pass up that bargain many years go, but now it would have been easier. Can't wait to see your quilts with those new backings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check most wednesdays on senior discount day. Some days, their fabric is more expensive than a quilt store. I try to tell them, that won't work.

      Delete
  8. What a deal! I live between South Bend and Elkhart and our Goodwill Stores must have a new person determining prices because you seriously could go to Walmart and pay less for most of what they sell. We seldom find even med end labels on their racks anymore. I love it that you saved the words. I'll have to remember that as I work through my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly find their fabric priced too high,as well. I think the trick here was it looked so out of date to whomever was bundling it.

      Delete