Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Bee- utiful stitchery

I fell in love with this stitchery quilt along on the moda Bakeshop web page. The designer is Pamela Morgan of sweet little stitches. I have slowly been trying my hand at stitchery. It has been several years. But I already have this line of fabric, Bee Creative by Deb Strain, in my stash, and was wondering what great thing I could do with it. ta da
I have finished block one and two.
I am using a new product by Bohin transfer veil and Pen set   I think it works great. I would rather use transfer eeze on bigger more complicated transfers but for small ones, I like Bohin.


The blocks are cut oversized at 10 1/2 inches and trimmed to 8 1/2 inches. I think I will add a lining of some sort to the back since my backs are not as tidy as I would like. I need more practice.
I'm linking to:




free motion by the river


and

Fresh Poppy Design


and

Quilter in the Closet

and

sew cute tuesday

http://www.youngtexanmama.com/2016/08/welcome-to-sew-cute-tuesday.html



3 comments:

  1. So that is what the completed Bee quilt looks like!.. I have been seeing blocks from this quilt and they are just adorable. People seem to stitch them up quickly.
    Thanks for the info on the Bohin transfer veil and Pen set. I have been looking for an idea on how to do some transfers. Good info! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is beautiful, love that little kitty!

    ReplyDelete