Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wild and Goosey quilt block

I have been canning green beans. I spent a bit of time with a friend who was rug hooking this original design. I like how she has added other glitz and glamour to her rug.
My Bonnie Hunter Ufo, that has seen the most progress this past week, is my wild and goosey. It was in the Quiltmaker magazine, addicted to scraps column, in the May/June 2013 issue. I don't really like to do paper piecing so I have tried to do one block every day. I have made it most days - at least 172 days.

I have a special box next to my machine that contains all the itty bitty scraps that would still work in this paper pieced block.

I have a shoebox full of just triangle leftovers that are a little bigger for the side of the goosey block

 It has certainly gotten much easier since I purchased my new sewing machine with a push button thread cutter. I can't tell you how much more motivated I am to do each block since then.
linking with Jo's Country junction UFO challenge

7 comments:

  1. After I finished my Wild & Goosey quilt, I was determined to keep it for myself because of the many, many hours I spent piecing it. I ended up keeping it for about 3 months before I gave it away to my mom. Now I'm thinking about making another one for myself and actually keeping it!

    One block a day is a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are very generous to have given it away, but a Mom maybe

      Delete
  2. I too have a Juki sewing machine. I love it both for paper piecing and just sewing in general. I have made a few Wild and Goosey blocks and also Pineapple blocks.

    Diane in WA
    scrappy_45@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haven't braved the pineapple blocks yet, maybe with the new Juki....

      Delete
  3. Love those wild and goosey blocks. I have one started with batiks and just love it !!!! I need to move it back to the front burner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sewing machine is on my wish list - I'm gonna check it out when I go to my monthly rug group meeting in SLC later this week....

    ReplyDelete