Monday, August 8, 2016

Another round for Mrs Holder's hexies

In Jaunary, I saw this antique quilt, and fell in love. Mrs Holder made it in 1860. I love antique quilts, and it is remarkable that there is a name and date.
I followed links to Temecula quilt Co and was certain I would make my own.
I do have another hexie quilt in progress, but it uses 1 inch hexagons, and I wanted to use smaller ones, to see if I like them.  I decided on 3/4 inch hexies since I have the fiskars punch in that size. 
They are so cute! It does take a bit longer to produce a quilt of any noticeable size, but are so fun. I keep the punch beside my desk and I punch any junk mail that I find.

Now the difficult decision is which hexagon quilt to work on during quiet evenings with TV. And whether to try an even smaller size hexagon.  sigh....

10 comments:

  1. I never thought of using junk mail for templates. I may have figured out a way that someday I too could make a hexagon quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do try hexagons, but they are addictive

      Delete
  2. Just starting to play with hexies.... Using Charm Pack and saving the extra pieces I cut off for a little table runner,,,, They are addivtive...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some small hexies, but it will be wonderful when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such tiny hexies! Looks like you've gotten a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hexies looks fantastic. I have never seen the fiskars punch before, very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you going on the a very small adventure! Have fun with your little hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hexie quilt. The hexies are a bit bigger than mine. La Passion has got 1/2" hexies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't that brave. I am awed by your quilt, maybe I'll try 1/2 inch next time- thanks

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete