Thursday, August 4, 2016

Finishing my Hooked chair pad

I have finished my rug hooked chair pad. I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish the edges, but I did decide it isn't an heirloom, so done and used was better than right. I had steamed and pressed the edges around to the back.
I found a pair of black wool pants that had a section big enough for the back. I considered a cheaper fabric, but black wool pants are so easy to find at thrift stores, and I cut the pad shape.
Just smoothing it made it move all over the place, so I glued it around the edges.
I laid wool yarn along the edges and sewed from back to front, making a beaded look that I liked. If the linen still showed, I loosened the yarn.
I found an old child's school chair ( at Goodwill). Now to find another spot in my house for this little treasure.

I'm linking to Whoop whoop Fridays        and..
France Nadeau






4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. You were quite clever in the way you finished the back. I like that. 😀
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I remember these from my grandmother's house when I was a kid - she used to make them to cover the organ stools (the kind with a round seat that spun around to get taller - we did a lot of spinning!) Whoop whoop for a great (sentimental) finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! It looks very cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete