Saturday, June 19, 2021

postage stamp blocks

Not many rainbows here. I haven't been sewing much. I did finish Aunt Eliza star top this week. When I realized I had very little to show for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy, I tried to quickly sew a few psp 20 /21 blocks for the color purple.





I have 57 blocks finished. I was thinking that if I sash them, I won't have to match seems. But, I have seen so many postage stamp quilts that are really great without sashing. what to do... I guess I will just keep making them until I decide.

I have been spending more time outdoors. It has been really nice here. My daughter is coming home in July and I have a massive clean up I need to do. I have gotten very lazy. I just haven't found places for all my quilting "stuff"

I am linking to:

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along

crumb stars

purple Ufos

zuckerwatte finished

red ufos

aunt Eliza star - top

blue ufos

floating stars and here and here - finished

green ufos

Christmas sparkle and here

epp stars

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here - finished

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases - finished

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here finished

10 comments:

  1. Congrats for a finished! Beautiful postage stamp blocks. You made great use of your small scraps for them. Maybe someone who had made one can give you some tips about all those match seams.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both types of postage stamp quilts are lovely, with sashing and without. Maybe you should make enough blocks for 2 quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d probably opt for sashing between the postage stamp blocks! That’s a lot of seams to match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd imagine it will be a bear to stitch all those postage stamp seams.... but the end result will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of scrappy goodness! I need my daughter to help me with organizing... she is amazing how she can fix a space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To sash or not to sash??? Hmmm...I'm not going to sash mine. I can't proceed until I cut more postage stamps. I've been spending most of my time outside too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely purple postage blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blocks and I was wondering earlier how that was going to be stitched together. There are so many out there that are way smarter than me. I learn so much from them including you. Let us know how you decide. And yes, trying to make sense of all our quilting goodies is tough and then to try to find a place for all the good stuff is challenging at best. Good luck with the clean-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't been sewing much, Maggie? Enjoy the great outdoors and best of luck on the clean-up effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty. Thank you for sharing to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete