Tuesday, June 22, 2021

moving on with sea swept

I have all the snails trail blocks finished for sea swept. And it was time to figure out how I was going to make the sashings without a pattern. The actual pattern is for paper piecing, and my blocks are machine pieced and larger than the pattern makes.

Linda's 3 and mine

I remembered a template I have from studio 180 and I could even find it... hooray. But, I wasn't sure how to make it a double square in a square. You tube told me,   I needed the technique sheet with a chart. While I was purchasing, I watched how to make winding ways? and I thought I would buy the diamond rects as well.




So, I have started cutting

And this is all the easy breezy blocks I made last week. Far from my intended goal of 2 per day.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how your Sea Swept turns out. I'm planning to make a similar quilt but I've been struggling to find the perfect fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snails trail blocks are beautiful! I love the colors you are using, happy stitching on the border blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snail blocks! It sounds like you have a good plan for the sashing, too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you've decided how to proceed! This is going to be lovely. Love, love those blues in your blocks. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete