Monday, June 28, 2021

progress

This seems like a small accomplishment for my sea swept quilt, but, I have made a decision to cut new blocks for the sashings and trim down to the right size. These 2 blocks were made using the exact measurements. They are not bad but a little small. I need 56 of these blocks for the quilt I am making.


Our guild had an open sew and charity quilt workshop Saturday. I took my accuquilt and tumbler die for cutting through donation fabrics. Somehow my die was broken and we had to suspend the cutting. sigh... I've never had that happen before, everyone thinks it was their fault. I wasn't in the room, but, I don't think anyone was at fault. It really doesn't bother me. I just wish we could have gotten more cut for the donation quilts.
I had a few minutes to work on carolina chain. I sewed most of the blocks into sets of 2. And I have a couple sets of 4. fun


It looks like a beautiful Monday here in Indiana and we have "chores" to get done.

6 comments:

  1. I always make my blocks a little larger so I have something to trim down. Sorry about the accucut die. I hope it won't be too expensive to replace. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the die! I love to cut so much that I have no experience with one but I'm sure that would have been helpful for group charity projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your seaswept quilt. Sorry about your accuquilt die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty chain blocks! Glad to see you making progress on Sea Swept. It's going to be so pretty! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nine patch blocks look great. A little bit each day adds up, doesn’t it? And a good decision made for your sea quilt. The square within a square blocks are so pleasing when they are the size you want them to be, I can relate to your issue. You can do it. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your cutting was cut short. Hope you make progress on all your projects. Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete