Thursday, June 17, 2021

sheep bag

My finishes for this week, are my attempt to finish rug hooking ufos, which have accumulated just like quilt ufos. This is one of the first rug hooking projects I made in 2010. I didn't even know how to finish anything yet, so I didn't finish it. It has been sitting waiting patiently. I decided to make a zippered bag. When I sewed the bag pieces to the hooked piece, I could only get so close, so I needed to hook another row.


I made the bag at a retreat using the tutorial at noodlehead


I cut the lining wrong and didn't have any extra of the fabric with me, so, I visited the free table, and found a new option.

I also finished a rug hooking chair pad. I had a little bit of the last border to hook. I turned the edges over and hand stitched a piece of wool to the back. I added a little cotton batting to the inside for a more comfy pad.

I bought this kit on ebay


this is a One monthly goal

I have one less hard chair in my dining room.

6 comments:

  1. I love to see how people "finish" their creations. I hope you get a lot of use out of the little bag and chair pad. Fabulous finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zipper pouch looks like a great way to finish up a UFO like that! Useful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finishes!!! I tried rug hooking, but just couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little pouch, and that Noodlehead pattern is a good one - yay for a free table ;-) and yay for softness under a bottom! ;-) That's a beautiful chirped. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete