Monday, June 14, 2021

sea swept progress

At retreat this weekend, I sewed the last 4 blocks I need for sea swept. I ordered studio 180 template for the sashing. I think it will save me the headache of math "to fit" what I have already made. I have the squared squared template. I ordered diamond rects. hooray.  I still have many cut pieces - I may make it larger.


There is always something scrappy going on at the sewing machine. This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her book addicted to scraps called Carolina Chain. I had the blocks done in April.  I use them as a back up portable project. So, after finishing what I need for sea swept, I started working on this project at retreat. I started joining rows which are set on point. That was too confusing for a chatty retreat, so I started sewing all the blocks into twosies.

how many times do you count blocks in a row

I am linking:

6 comments:

  1. I love the sea pattern, it's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving Sea Swept! Such beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing your works in progress on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Storm at Sea pattern and your colors are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sea Swept looks great! Such fabulous fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snail Trail is one of my favorite traditional block patterns. It's perfect for creating foam caped surf, which is why your colors are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete