Thursday, June 24, 2021

waffling

I started working with my sea swept sashing blocks. I ran into an either or decision that has  me paused. Either, I make the economy square with actual size pieces, and use up triangle pieces already cut, or, I cut new oversized pieces and trim down to the right size. 

So, while I am waffling about that decision, I made more waffle stamp blocks. Pun intended.

Each block is a surprise when it is finished. I enjoy that. I have made a huge dent in the 1 1/2 inch strip and squares bins.




I am linking to:

3 comments:

  1. "waffle stamps" is such a wonderful name for those blocks, too! So, you're piecing these with squares for the little patches, not strips that you piece and subcut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rebecca about the name for those blocks. Can you save the cut pieces for another project if the end result isn't going to work to the size you need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these blocks--simple and fast! Great way to use up scraps. I hope your sewing helped you arrive at a decision because I can't wait to see the result! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete