Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Eliza is a top

I am happy with the top of Aunt Eliza's stars. This was my one monthly goal for May. Which I didn't get ready on time. It turned out larger than I expected. 82x 92. My favorite part is the border. I am not sure where it came from, but, I know it is a vintage piece since it was 36 inches wide. And it is so cute.


It was so windy that I almost didn't catch a shot of it before it rolled itself into a ball.


It is time for this quilt to live in the "to be quilted" closet. It's embarrassing how many quilts live there. 


I am linking to:

10 comments:

  1. The border fabric is perfect, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I hope it doesn't live in the closet to long, I want to see this beauty quilted! Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! I hope it won't live in the "to be quilted" closet for long. It deserves to be finished. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a gorgeous red-forward top! I love what you did with the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The border is perfect! Congratulations on getting this project to the top stage. I like your crumb stars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of scrap blocks and the border pring fits it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. You are not alone in having a "to be quilted " pile. Looking forward to seeing Eliza quilted.

    ReplyDelete