Tuesday, November 3, 2020

to do: one monthly goal

 I didn't get a single one of my One monthly goals for October done. No, not one. I did finish 3 quilts, but, they were not on the list - 4 patch x , Aunt Mary's double chain, patriotic boxy stars.

That makes November goals easy to decide. But, I think I need to keep it simple. It is crunch time for long arm client Christmas quilts.  I need to make sure I can get them done. I will try to sneak this in for quilting after thanksgiving.

1. quilt big easy Christmas -   I don't have a start date for this one, it was a class at a quilt store that has been closed a long time. I was in love with the Christmas fabric. One of the owners had made a quilt with the fabric and offered the class. I have the back pieced and the binding made.

big easy Christmas

I have used my sewing time to sew, here and there, whatever is close by the machine. I have spent 2020 with a finishing mindset, and I am missing plain old patchwork piecing. However, that can turn into too many new quilts getting started....again.  One thing stays the same, I love scraps, and I  love that they find their way to me through the kindness of friends.

I am linking:


3 comments:

  1. The Christmas fabrics are so pretty! Can't believe that it's almost that time again. Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! Finishing three quilts in a month is nothing to sneeze at - who cares that one other isn't yet done. And if you have customer quilts to finish, well that has to take priority right?!! We'll try and keep you on task - I can see why you like this Christmas fabric. It's almost begging you to finish it since you have the backing and binding ready to go. {{Hugs}} Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for finishing 3 quilts in a month! That is fantastic! Your Christmas top is looking great and inspiring me to review my fabric as well! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete