Friday, November 20, 2020

shine quilt top

We had a wind advisory last week, and this, is what we found. This wasn't the part of the tree that we had been worried about splitting. I clean up from retreat and hubby cleans up outside. Four of our dead ash trees in the back blew down as well.



Hubby has been busy trying to clean  the area. We were grateful it didn't fall in the road.

I finished the shine top from this year's rainbow scrap challenge project. This was a great block and easy enough to do, and, it uses a jelly roll or 2 1/2 inch strips. I think, I want to do it again in scrappy colors. One strip makes the block.

picture from retreat

I found the perfect size fabric for the back at home, and prepared the binding. This may have to percolate a while before I can get to the quilting.


My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:

 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road
and now
postage stamp psp20

I'm linking to:

TGIFF


I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful finished top! The binding is going to be pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rainbow quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! Such bright, cheerful, pretty colors. I agree, the pattern would work wonderfully for a scrap quilt. I love scrap quilts and make quite a few of them. This pattern would be nice to collect scraps for because the pieces you'd do in a scrappy palette are all the same size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your RSC top looks lovely, and how nice to find a perfect backing fabric already in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be an awesome RSC finish (once you get around to finishing it, Maggie!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shine sure did shine as a finished top! Bummer on the trees, I finally noticed one dead one that fell last week with the TS winds through Florida. We have a squashed metal fence that will need mending to keep the bears out of the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finish! Not sure if I like this one better than the previous post. Both are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a derecho and at other times very high winds. We have had so many trees toppled and I'm really tired of cleaning up only to have another wind and more trees down. I do know how to work a chain saw and I guess it is good exercise.

    And I like your Star Shine top. That would look good scrappy!

    ReplyDelete