Friday, November 27, 2020

a goal finish

My goal for November and the one monthly goal:

1. quilt big easy Christmas -   I don't have a start date for this one, it was a class at a quilt store that has been closed a long time. I was in love with the Christmas fabric. One of the owners had made a quilt with the fabric and offered the class. I have the back pieced and the binding made.

I was fortunate enough to complete the quilt. It makes a nice lap quilt. And I love the fabrics. My notes say the pattern is in a book called bloom creek.

62 x 80


I quilted it in free motion swirls



backing and binding from my stash

We had a nice Thanksgiving with turkey ( small) and some of the fixins. We did a zoom call with 4 out of 5 children and some of our Grandchildren. It was so good to see them, and hear their voices. I didn't realize how much I miss hearing their voices or their laughs, until I hear them again.


I'm linking to:

TGIFF



6 comments:

  1. SEW pretty, Maggie!!! I am pleased that you shared some information about the pattern. Several members of my Bee, myself included, have made the quilt. None of us could locate a pattern source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt! Looks like a nice one to doze under. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics are really pretty! No wonder you wanted to make the quilt. I like the binding - such an unexpected finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And just in time for the holiday. Thanksgiving was smaller in a lot of households this year, but hopefully that means all our families will be able to gather together next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete